Benefits of GNA Membership
There are many advantages in membership to GNA.
You can also receive GNA 20% discount all year round on camping and day visits. GNA 10% discount on safari tents, Sept – March. 20 % discount on safari tents May to August.
There are also weekends away at venues that are not necessarily Naturist venues. We as a group then reserve the complete venue for the weekend and then it is naturist friendly for that time.
GNA is affiliated to SANNA (South African National Naturist Federation) and SANNA in turn is affiliated to the INF (International Naturist Federation). Hence if you travel to another province in South Africa you will receive all the benefits from resorts and functions associated with SANNA.
Also if you travel overseas, your GNA membership card will give you access to naturist resorts as your card carries an INF serial number and stamp.
Membership Application Procedure
Thank you for your interest to join GNA. Please complete the online application form and submit it to GNA.
A member of our management team will contact you to set up a “meet and greet”. This normally happens in a neutral place like a Coffee shop.
After the “meet and greet” your application will be presented to the GNA management team.
Upon approval you will be notified accordingly and you can then pay your annual subscription fee of R 200 per person which applies for the current year (Valid for one year).
If your subscription is paid after the bash which usually takes place in September, it counts for of the next year and you don’t have to pay again in January.
The next step is to send proof of payment to our secretary together with a head and shoulder photograph of yourself or you as a couple after which your membership card will be mailed to you.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Please note that the Gauteng Natal Naturist Association reserves the right to withdraw a membership whenever a member fails to comply with the code of conduct and the constitution.
Code of Conduct
We do not accept
- Obscene or offensive language.
- Racism, sexism OR homophobia.
- Sexual or erotic material.
- Material intended to cause agitation.
- Any other unlawful material.
- No sexual content of any kind e.g. dancing in a provocative manner, sitting on someone’s genitals, swapping saliva, touching genitals. Swaying of the hips is allowed, but pole dancing wouldn’t be if you get our point.
- No photographs whatsoever unless you have cleared it with each and every single person in the shot. Please don’t try and persuade anyone. Their first no is their final answer. People have every right to their privacy and whether or not they wish themselves or their family to appear in a photograph. All photos need to be inspected by all people appearing in the photo immediately after the photo was taken.
- Don’t stare; it is very rude whether you have clothes on or not.
- Always take a towel and make sure you sit on it when on other people’s furniture. This is for hygiene reasons such as protecting other people from your sun tan oil, sweat etc.
- We like to create a harmonious environment where everyone gets along. Please do not argue or fight and leave your aggressive behaviour at home. Get along with everyone and if you have a disagreement, keep it to yourself if it may cause a fight. It makes other people feel uncomfortable when you are having a screaming match with someone else and we don’t want to ruin anyone’s good time.
- Your partner or friend you brought with you is your responsibility only. Keep them in line and make sure they know the code of conduct BEFORE attending. If they cannot be controlled, we suggest you remove them in an adult and diplomatic fashion.
- Cover up any unpredictable erections. We know they sometimes happen beyond your control, a simple towel covering it up or lying on your front and no-one will know.
- No violence or raising voices or shouting. Respect everyone even though they may rub you the wrong way.
- Don’t litter, in fact, if you see it, then pick it up and dispose of it yourself. Parents are responsible for their children also where this is concerned. The only things you should leave behind are your foot prints. This applies with our “Leave no trace” Motto. Bring a trash bag next time you go to a public place.
- Don’t make rude comments about anyone.
- Children sometimes like to let off steam and this is no bad thing at all, but children should be supervised by adults so that they don’t cause problems for others.
- Binoculars are normally unwelcome in naturist resorts.
- Don’t go naked where nakedness isn’t allowed – you are asking for trouble big style if you do that.
- Naturist resorts and/or naturist friendly beaches are peaceful places, so be considerate about playing loud music or radios. Use earphones if possible, and if asked to ‘turn it down’, do so willingly.
- Respect other people’s property.
- Privacy Is Fundamental. Many are at a resort/beach for a quiet time. Body language should tell you they don’t want to be disturbed. It’s not wrong to look for new friends – but it is rude to intrude when you’re unwelcome.
- Always come PREPARED. Bring supplies: beverage, food, sunscreen, towel or your own cigarettes, braai meat if at a braai. Mooching is not a cool way to make friends.
- Speak up for standards. Don’t let some newcomer who doesn’t understand the situation or our values cause trouble. Instead of doing a slow burn, go talk, politely but firmly, to the couple starting sexual activity or the person using bad language.
This Agreement sets out the legally binding terms for your use of the Website and your Membership in the Service.
Please choose carefully the information you post on GNA.org.za and that you provide to other Members. Any photographs posted by you may not contain sexual, violence, or offensive subject matter. Information provided by other GNA Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate or offensive material, products or services and GNA assumes no responsibility nor liability for this material.
GNA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website and/or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
By participating in any offline GNA event, you agree to release and hold GNA harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from your participation in any such offline GNA event.
1) Your Interactions.
You are solely responsible for your interactions and communication with other Members. You understand that GNA does not in any way screen its Members, nor does GNA inquire into the backgrounds of its Members or attempt to verify the statements of its Members. GNA makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Members or their compatibility with any current or future Members. We do however recommend that if you choose to meet or exchange personal information with any member of GNA then you should take it upon yourself to do a background check on said person.
In no event shall GNA be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service or persons you meet through this Service.
Membership in the Service where void is prohibited. By using the Website and the Service, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and that your use of the GNA shall not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted without warning, if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age. Your Membership is solely for your personal use, and you shall not authorize others to use your account, including your profile or email address. You are solely responsible for all content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages, and for your interactions with other members.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Website, the Service, and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time. GNA may terminate your membership for any reason, effective upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your Membership application or other email address as you may subsequently provide to GNA By using the Service and by becoming a Member, you acknowledge that GNA reserves the right to charge for the Service and has the right to terminate a Member’s Membership if Member should breach this Agreement or fail to pay for the Service, as required by this Agreement.
4) Non Commercial Use by Members.
The Website is for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of GNA. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from member profiles without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken by GNA for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
5) Proprietary Rights in Content on GNA.
GNA owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of GNA and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
6) Content Posted on the Site.
a. You understand and agree that GNA may review and delete any content, messages, GNA Messenger messages, photos or profiles (collectively, “Content”) that in the sole judgment of GNA violate this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any Member.
b. You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
c. By posting any Content to the public areas of the Website, you hereby grant to GNA the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, publicly perform and display such Content on the Website. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Website.
d. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. GNA reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes Content that:
i. is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
ii. harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
iii. involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
iv. promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
v. promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
vi. contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
vii. provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
viii. provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
ix. solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
or x. involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
e. You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations. f. You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although GNA cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, GNA eserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which GNA deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
g. You may not cover or obscure the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any GNA page via HTML/CSS or any other means.
h. Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends, is prohibited.
i. You may not attempt to impersonate another user or person who is not a member of GNA.
j. You may not use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time nor may you disclose your password to any third party or permit any third party to access your account.
k. You may not sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
7) Copyright Policy.
You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of GNA to terminate membership privileges of any member who repeatedly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to GNA by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. GNA’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached via email address.
8) Member Disputes.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other GNA Members. GNA reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
GNA is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service provided, whether caused by users of the Website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. GNA is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service. GNA assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user or Member communication. GNA is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Website and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances shall GNA be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Website or the Service or from any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline. The Website and the Service are provided “AS-IS” and GNA xpressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. GNA cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service.
10) Limitation on Liability.
IN NO EVENT SHALL GNA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF GNA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, GNA S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO GNA FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Website and/or the Service, by using the Website, you agree that any dispute shall be governed by the laws of the area in which we are based without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in the area in which we are based.
You agree to indemnify and hold GNA its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Website and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member of the Service. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and GNA regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. The failure of GNA to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement. GNA is a trademark of SANNA.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
- The organisation hereby constituted will be called the Gauteng Natal Naturist Association.
- Its shortened name will be the GNA (hereinafter referred to as the organisation).
2. Body Corporate
The organisation shall:
- Exist in its own right, separately from its members;
- Continue to exist even when its membership changes and there are different office bearers;
- Be able to own property and other possessions;
- Be able to sue and be sued in its own name;
The Gauteng Naturist Association (hereinafter referred to as GNA) is constituted for the benefit of the naturist movement in Gauteng – South Africa (hereinafter referred to as SA). The Objects of the GNA shall be, among others:
- To promote the practice and general acceptance of naturism for the physical, moral and mental wellbeing of the naturist community, recreation without clothing, whether individually or socially, and whether in private grounds or in other suitable circumstances;
- To ensure the continued co-operation of all genuine naturist and related organizations in SA;
- To further and improve the standards of naturism and ensure that naturism is presented creditably to all interested parties at all times;
- To represent naturism in general to local government and international organizations, and to cooperate with international organizations which represent naturist recreation;
- And to develop resources for the practice of naturism and to provide services for members and affiliated entities;
- To affiliate with other national and international bodies that may be deemed relevant or beneficial to the interest and or objectives of the Association. In specific affiliation to South African National Naturist Association (SANNA).
4. Income and Property
- The organisation will keep a record of everything it owns.
- The organisation may not give any of its money or property to its members or office bearers. The only time it can do this is when it pays for work that a member or office bearer has done for the organisation. The payment must be a reasonable amount for the work that has been done.
- A member of the organisation can only get money back from the organisation for expenses that she or he has paid for or on behalf of the organisation.
- Members or office bearers of the organisation do not have rights over things that belong to the organisation.
- Any property of GNA whether freehold or leasehold shall be vested in Management Committee and Members of Management Committee shall be the Trustees of GNA. The Trustees shall deal with the said property as directed by resolution passed by a majority of the voting power present at an AGM, provided that the terms of such direction appear on the agenda for that meeting.
- Exceptionally the Management Committee may at a duly convened meeting resolve by a majority of the voting members present to give the trustees such direction provided that the terms of such direction appear on the agenda for that meeting and provided it has been resolved at that meeting that the giving of such direction is urgently necessary in the best interests of the GNA.
- The said trustees shall be appointed at the Annual General Meeting (hereinafter referred to as the AGM) subject to notice of such vacancy being published and nominations invited. Any trustee who takes up residence outside the Republic of South Africa or who becomes incapable of acting or who fails to deal with the said property as duly directed shall be deemed to have resigned.
Any vacancy that may from time to time occur shall be filled by appointment made at the next ensuing AGM subject to notice of such vacancy being published and nominations invited.
- The Trustees shall jointly and severally be indemnified from the funds of GNA for any liability or expense that may from time to time fall upon them as trustees of the said property.
6. Membership and General Meetings
- If a person wants to become a Member of the organisation, she or he will have to ask the organisation’s Management Committee. The Management Committee has the right to say no.
- Membership may be granted to individuals and/or families who are members of recognized clubs and resorts and other such individuals or families who demonstrate their interest in naturism.
- Organizations who are or not formed primarily for naturism or otherwise may be granted affiliation if they have genuine interest in naturism and satisfy the Management Committee that their activities in no way conflict with Article 3 (Three) above. Affiliation is subject to annual payment of dues as revised from time to time.
- The title of Honorary Member may be awarded by the Management Committee to those who have given outstanding service to naturism. Honorary membership may be granted at the discretion of the Management Committee. Honorary members shall have all rights and privileges of a paid up individual member.
- Members of the organisation must attend its annual general meetings. At the annual general meeting, members exercise their right to determine the policy of the organisation.
- Membership fees shall be determined annually by the AGM on a recommendation in a motion from the Management Committee.
- Any affiliated organization or individual member whose annual return or membership fees are outstanding on the date of the AGM in any year shall lose all rights and benefits until such fees have been paid in full.
7. Application for Membership and Accreditation from GNA
The Management Committee of the GNA is responsible for ensuring that clubs or affiliated organizations applying for accreditation from the GNA.
- Have agreed to conform to this constitution.
- Have satisfied the Management Committee that the affairs of the club, resort or affiliated organization applying are conducted in accordance with the law and the principles of propriety.
- Each affiliated organization shall submit to the Secretary annually, a return showing the name and address of the responsible persons, the membership numbers and other information that will enable GNA to keep a record of the affiliated organization facilities and amenities.
- The affairs of the GNA shall be governed by an AGM held at least once annually but the management of the GNA shall be delegated to the Management Committee. The Management Committee shall consist of the officers duly elected by the individual members in good standing. The Committee shall have power to appoint, pay and dismiss salaried officers as it may deem necessary for the efficient and business-like management of the GNA and take such steps as it may think necessary or expedient to carry out the functions of the GNA in accordance with this constitution.The Officers shall be a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and 2 (two) others. The Committee may appoint from its own members or co-opt any other additional officer or officers deemed necessary and define their duties. Such co-opted additional officers shall have no vote. The Committee may also co-opt persons to serve on any sub-committees that it may define.The Secretary must record, in a register, the involvement of National Officers in any naturist organization in which they are a member of/or hold a position of responsibility, together with their involvement in any business related to naturism. Such officers must keep the Secretary informed, in writing, of such involvement and of any such additional or new involvement. Examination of the register shall be confined to paid-up GNA Members.
- A Management Committee will manage the organisation. The Management Committee will be made up of not less than 5 (five) members. They are the office bearers of the organisation.
- Office bearers will serve for 2 (two) years, but they can stand for re-election for another term in office after that. Depending on what kind of services they give to the organisation, they can stand for re-election into office again and again. This is so long as their services are needed and they are ready to give their services.
- Election of officers will be done at the AGM of the GNA.The Management Committee shall be empowered to fill any vacancy that may occur subject to ratification at the next AGM.If the 2 (two) year period of office of any officer is not completed for any reason the officer elected or appointed to fill the vacancy shall do so for the remainder of the 2 (two) year period for that office.Nominations for election should be submitted in writing by members of the GNA within 30 (thirty) days of notification of an AGM and must bear the signature of the person proposed signifying her/his acceptance of nomination. The nomination must be supported by the signature of 1 (one) paid up GNA member other than the nominee verifying that the nominee is a practicing naturist committed to advancing the cause of naturism in South Africa.Nominees must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a paid up Member of the GNA for 12 consecutive months,
- Give a written undertaking that they have an exemplary naturist record,
- Make a personal declaration to be minuted and published in the GNA newsletter as follows:
- A brief account of their private, business, and social lives and specifying any
involvement with other naturist or allied organizations.
- If a member of the Management Committee does not attend 3 (three) Management Committee meetings in a row, without having applied for and obtaining leave of absence from the Management Committee, then the Management Committee will find a new member to take that person’s place.
- The Management Committee will meet at least once a month. More than half of members need to be at the meeting to make decisions that are allowed to be carried forward. This constitutes a quorum.
- Minutes will be taken at every meeting to record the Management Committee’s decisions. The minutes of each meeting will be given to Management Committee Members at least 2 (two) weeks before the next meeting. The minutes shall be confirmed as a true record of proceedings, by the next meeting of the Management Committee, and shall thereafter be signed by the Chairperson.
- The organisation has the right to form sub-committees. The decisions that sub- committees take must be given to the Management Committee. The Management Committee must decide whether to agree to them or not at its next meeting. This meeting should take place soon after the sub-committee’s meeting. By agreeing to decisions the Management Committee ratifies them.
- The Management Committee shall have the power to appoint paid employees, as it may deem necessary for the efficient management of the GNA. The Management Committee shall determine the salaries or wages, hours, holidays and other conditions of service of such employees and shall have power to dismiss any of them in appropriate circumstances. Paid staff will be under the control of the Management Committee, but directed in their day to day duties by the Chairman. The Chairman will at all times communicate decisions affecting paid employees to them. Paid staff shall not be eligible for election to any office and shall not be able to exercise a vote at any meeting other than that of a bona fide paid up member of the GNA.
- The Management Committee shall have the power by resolution passed at a Management Committee meeting to suspend from office any elected officer considered by a majority of the members present to have failed to perform his duty with efficiency and diligence or not directed himself towards fulfilling the stated functions of the GNA and has not acted in the spirit of those duties.At least 14 (fourteen) days’ notice of any motion to pass a resolution concerning the suspension of any elected officer must be given to all officers of the GNA and the officer in respect of which such motion is intended to be passed must be given the opportunity to attend and make representation to the Committee.Such suspension shall continue until a recommendation for removal from office is considered at the next AGM. The officer shall have the right to be heard at that meeting.
- All members of the organisation have to abide by decisions that are taken by the Management Committee.
9. Powers of the Organization
The Management Committee may take on the power and authority that it believes it needs to be able to achieve the objectives that are stated in point number 3 (three) of this constitution. Its activities must abide by the law.
- The Management Committee has the power and authority to raise funds or to invite and receive contributions.
- The Management Committee does, however, have the power to buy, hire or exchange for any property that it needs to achieve its objectives.
- The Management Committee has the right to make by-laws for proper management, including procedure for application, approval and termination of membership.
- Organisations will decide on the powers and functions of office bearers.
10. Meetings and Procedures of the Management Committee
- The Management Committee must hold at least 2 (two) ordinary meetings each year.
- The Chairperson, or two members of the committee, can call a special meeting if they want, but they must let the other Management Committee Members know the date of the proposed meeting not less than 21 (twenty one) days before it is due to take place. They must also tell the other members of theCommittee which issues will be discussed at the meeting. If, however, one of the matters to be discussed is to appoint a new Management Committee Member, then those calling the meeting must give the other Committee Members not less than 30 (thirty) days’ notice;
- The Chairperson shall act as the Chairperson of the Management Committee. If the Chairperson does not attend a meeting, then members of the Committee who are present choose which one of them will chair that meeting. This must be done before the meeting starts.
- There shall be a quorum whenever such a meeting is held.
- When necessary, the Management Committee will vote on issues. If the votes are equal on an issue, then the Chairperson has either a second or a deciding vote.
- Minutes of all meetings must be kept safely and always be on hand for Members to consult.
- If the Management Committee thinks it is necessary, then it can decide to set up one or more sub-committees. It may decide to do this to get some work done quickly, or it may want a sub-committee to do an inquiry, for example. There must be at least 3 (three) people on a sub-committee. The sub-committee must report back to the Management Committee on its activities. It should do this regularly.
11. Annual General Meetings
- The Annual General Meeting must be held once every year, towards the end of the organisation’s financial year. At an AGM, Committee plus 5 (five) paid-up Members shall form a quorum.
- The organisation should deal with the following business, amongst others, at its Annual General Meeting:
- Agree to the items to be discussed on the agenda;
- Write down who is there and who has sent apologies because they cannot attend;
- Read and confirm the previous meeting’s minutes with matters arising;
- Chairperson’s report;
- Treasurer’s report;
- Changes to the constitution that members may want to make;
- Elect new office bearers;
- Close the meeting.
- Each paid up member shall be entitled to attend and to exercise their vote as follows:
- Voting power to be one vote per paid up GNA member;
- Any Member is entitled to representation at an AGM may delegate any individual Member of the GNA to speak or vote on its behalf;
- Affiliated societies shall each be entitled to be represented by one delegate who may speak, but shall not be entitled to vote.
- Items for the agenda of an AGM shall be submitted in writing at least 30 (Thirty) days prior to the date fixed for that AGM. The Agenda shall be circulated at least 14 (fourteen) days prior to the meeting and any amendment to an item appearing on the agenda must be in the hands of the Secretary at least 7 (seven) days prior to the meeting.
- A Special General Meeting may be convened by the Committee at its discretion or shall be convened within 1 (One) calendar months of receipt of a written requisition presented by 20 (twenty) members, stating the objects of such a meeting.A Special General Meeting may be convened provided that no Special General Meeting to be held less than 3 (three) calendar months after an AGM or less than 3 (three) calendar months before the date fixed for an AGM.Members shall have 14 (fourteen) days’ notice of any Special General Meeting and no other business shall be discussed or considered than is mentioned in such notice.
- An accounting officer shall be appointed at the AGM. His or her duty is to audit and check on the finances of the organisation;
- The Treasurer’s job is to control the day to day finances of the organisation. The Treasurer shall arrange for all funds to be put into a bank account in the name of the organisation. The Treasurer must also keep proper records of all the finances.
- All funds received by the GNA shall be deposited in the GNA banking account without delay by any of the elected Officers of the Management Committee or the Management Committee shall approve any such co-opted assistants as deemed necessary. Such deposit shall not be delayed for more that 5 (five) consecutive days from the day that funds was received. Any documents relating to above mentioned payment must be handed over to the Treasurer of the GNA.
- Whenever funds are taken out of the bank account, the Chairperson and at least two other members of the organisation must sign the withdrawal or cheque.
- The financial year of the organisation ends on 31 December each year.
- The organisation’s accounting records and reports must be ready and handed to the Director of Non-profit Organisations within 6 (six) months after the financial year end.
- If the organisation has funds that can be invested, the funds may only be invested with registered financial institutions. These institutions are listed in Section 1 of the Financial Institutions (Investment of Funds) Act, 1984. Alternatively the organisation can get securities that are listed on a licensed stock exchange as set out in the Stock Exchange Control Act, 1985. The organisation can go to different banks to seek advice on the best way to look after its funds.
- The income of the GNA must be utilized solely towards the promotion of the functions of the Constitution as set forth in this document and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, gift, division, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit to the Members of the GNA provided that nothing herein shall prevent the payment, in good faith, of reasonable and proper remuneration/reimbursement to any elected officer of the GNA or any member of the GNA in return for services actually rendered to the GNA or for any material, labour, plant and power supplied for the GNA’s purpose, nor prevent the payment of interest on money borrowed or payment of a reasonable and proper rent for premises sold or let by any member to the GNA but so that no member of the Committee of the GNA shall be appointed to any salaried office of the GNA paid by fees and that no remuneration or other financial benefit shall be given by the GNA to any member except repayment of out of pocket expenses approved by the Management Committee and interest on money borrowed, or of the repayment of a reasonable and proper rent for premises sold or let to the GNA.
13. Suspension and Exclusion
- The Management Committee shall investigate any complaint of breach of the requirements of this constitution by any individual member or affiliated organization, and, if satisfied that such complaint is justified, may suspend the individual member or affiliated organization and report this action to the GNA members by way of publication in the next newsletter following such action having been taken. An individual member or affiliated organization may appeal to the Management Committee against such action.
- The Management Committee may appoint a Board of Enquiry to assist in determining an appeal, such Board of Enquiry to consist of a Chairman and not less than 2 (two) suitably qualified members who are not concerned in the matter under dispute.
- Any individual member or affiliated organization recommended for suspension or exclusion shall have the right to appear before the Management Committee and/or Board of Enquiry to present its own case.
- The Board of Enquiry will report its decision to the Management Committee and this decision shall be final. If no appeal is made to the Management Committee, the full Management Committee shall have the power at its discretion to confirm or overturn the suspension.
- In the event of the conduct of any member or affiliated organization being likely to bring naturism into disrepute, the affiliated organization concerned shall take immediate steps to exclude the member, failing which action, the Management Committee of the GNA may, after due enquiry, call upon the affiliated organization concerned to exclude the member and shall report this action to the Members of the GNA. The name of the offending member may be circulated to each affiliated organizations if the Management Committee deems such action appropriate.
- The Chairman shall together with any other members appointed by the Management Committee investigate any allegation that may be made that the conduct of an individual member has brought naturism into disrepute or damaged the interests of the GNA and may if they or the majority of them consider the allegations have been substantiated, expel, suspend from membership or caution the member concerned. If the member feels aggrieved by such expulsion or suspension he or she may appeal to the Management Committee which may then confirm the expulsion, suspension or caution or overturn it or substitute expulsion, suspension or caution for what was originally decided. The decision of the Committee after hearing such an appeal is final.
14. Changes to the Constitution
- The constitution can be changed by a resolution. The resolution has to be agreed upon and passed by not less than 2 (two) thirds of the members who are at the Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting. Members must vote at this meeting to change the constitution.
- Committee plus 5 (five) paid-up members shall be present at a meeting (“the quorum”) before a decision to change the constitution is taken. Any Annual General Meeting may vote upon such a notion, if the details of the changes are set out in the notice referred to in 10.3.
- A written notice must go out not less than 14 (fourteen) days before the meeting at which the changes to the constitution are going to be proposed. The notice must indicate the proposed changes to the constitution that will be discussed at the meeting.
- No amendments may be made which would have the effect of making the organisation cease to exist.
15. Dissolution / Winding Up
- The organisation may close down if at least two-thirds of the Members present and voting at a meeting convened for the purpose of considering such matter, are in favour of closing down.
- When the organisation closes down it has to pay off all its debts. After doing this, if there is property or money left over it should not be paid or given to Members of the organisation. It should be given in some way to another non-profit organisation that has similar objectives. The organisation’s General Meeting can decide what organisation this should be.
- Any words used in this constitution shall be interpreted in its ordinary sense as understood by reasonable people. Any matter not specially provided for otherwise will be resolved by the application of procedures customarily adopted by associations and/or committees.
- Any use in this constitution or the appendix hereto of the word ‘he’, ‘him’ or ‘his’ shall be understood to include the word ‘she’, ‘her’, or ‘hers’ respectively.
This constitution was approved and accepted by members of the GNA.
Addendum to the Constitution
It forms no part of GNA’s policy to concern itself with any subject outside the field of naturism and linked activities.
All clubs, resorts and societies affiliated to the GNA may have their advertisements, stationery or any other printed matter which they may issue, subscribed with the words “Affiliated to, or accredited by”, (as appropriate) the GNA, and/or the badge/logo of the GNA.
The Chairman shall take the Chair at the AGM of the GNA. He will also take the Chair at Committee Meetings. He is responsible for organizing the AGM. He will be responsible for matters concerning affiliated organizations. His duty is to maintain good relations with the International Naturist Federation and such international organizations representative of naturism overseas. He will maintain records of overseas clubs/contacts and naturist facilities for the purpose of keeping the Committee and members informed.
The Secretary’s duty is to summon members to meetings, to prepare the agenda for meetings, to keep an accurate record of the proceedings of all AGM and Committee meetings, to conduct correspondence in accordance with instructions of the Committee, and to keep and make available any such files, records and lists of members etc., and such other duties as the Committee may require.
The Treasurer’s duty is to record the receipts and expenditure of the GNA to prepare the yearly statement of accounts and financial balance and to keep the Committee fully informed regarding the financial affairs of the GNA.
The Editor will arrange for the publication and distribution to clubs and members of publications covering all matters of interest to the movement. The Committee shall guide the policy and production of these publications. This duty may be in addition to other functions assigned to him.
This is a position of honor awarded to persons who have given outstanding service to naturism. They shall have no ex-officio right to attend Committee meetings but invitations may be extended to them from time to time. Their duties are to continue to represent naturism and perform any suitable tasks as required by the Committee.
Each elected officer shall act at all times in the best interests of the GNA and in promoting its stated functions and objectives to the best of their ability in all things related to naturism.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO AFFILIATED ORGANIZATIONS
It is strongly recommended that the following clauses be embodied in the rules of affiliated organizations:
- Membership shall be confined to persons of good repute, due care being taken to establish the bona fides of prospective members;
- No minor of either sex shall be admitted without the consent of the parent or guardian;
- Where only one partner of a married couple applies for membership the other may be required to give written consent.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE GNA
- To protect and enhance South African naturism, and the individuals within it in particular Gauteng Province;
- To provide a central point for correspondence and a channel for enquiries to clubs and resorts, by use of various mediums, to make this point of contact known to all interested parties;
- To undertake all other aspects of public relations work;
- To seek recognition at national level and to obtain a fair share of public funds;
- To provide information and assistance to naturist/nudist clubs;
- To promote relationships and, through the recognition of the International Naturist Federation, among others, to provide membership cards to assist GNA members when travelling to overseas naturist destinations;
- To provide recognition and assistance to international tourists when visiting South African naturist destinations;
- To undertake research and Base with local bodies with regard to developing accepted and recognized naturist beaches throughout South Africa;
- To produce an acceptable set of naturist guidelines and etiquette standards to guide and assist new and existing SA Naturist destinations;
- To promote affiliation with likeminded bodies;
- To produce a bi monthly newsletter to be the mouthpiece of the Association and to keep members informed of new developments;
- To provide a channel for those members wishing to support the movement, either financially or otherwise;
- To provide means of arbitration between members and (or) clubs in the case of any disputes that may from time to time arise;